Monday, October 10, 2016

Couplets

"Perhaps this one?" Harvey was beside himself with hope. He knew that this was his chance to finally get her attention. The reporter looked tired and kept looking at his phone. 

"Well, maybe, Mr. Potter, but space is limited for this spread. Can you tell me more about how you came to this place?"

"It was destiny. Oh, maybe that poem would be better." He quickly moved back to the table, slightly bumping the edge and sending several notebooks to the floor.  The reporter merely looked down at them. Harvey looked up and handed him the poem.

Life ended when I came here,
but began again when I saw your face.

All loneliness, longing and fear
faded away without a trace.

As I move through my day
I feel your constant gaze.

Our dreams collide and stay
together until the end of days.

The reporter looked up.  Harvey cleared his throat, and said, "Well, it was one of the early ones.  I was learning the couplet form. But keep reading, it has a strong finish."

The reporter glanced again at his phone. "Oh, sorry, Mr. Potter, I just received a text from my boss. I need to go, but thank you so much for your time." He pushed the paper back into Harvey's hand. 
As the reporter quickly left, Harvey stood next to his small desk, his arm slightly extended and still holding on to the poem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment